วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 1 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2561

How I stopped my Sims 2 game from crashing.

How I stopped my Sims 2 game from crashing.


First I used CFF explorer to make the game recognize more than 2gb of memory (I have 4gbs).
Here are the directions:
 


I own all expansions and stuff packs, so I backed up the Mansions and Gardens exe and used
CFF explorer on that.

If you computer tells you that you cannot overwrite the exe file, do this:

Quote
Here is what you should do: copy your .exe file onto your desktop and update it with the
mentioned tweak. After you’ve done that you can overwrite the old .exe file that is left in your
Sims directory with the new updated one.

Next, I did the Data Execution Prevention.




  1. Open System Properties.
    Dep00.jpg
    • Go to Start.
    • Then Control Panel.
    • Then open System.
    • Click Advanced System Settings. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  2. Under Performance, click Settings.
    Dep01.jpg

  3. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
    Dep02.jpg

  4. Click on Add and browse to TS3W.exe under...
    Dep04.jpg
    • 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
    • 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
  5. Click OK.
  6. Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.





Since I did both of those things, my game has not crashed since. I've stress tested it, going
to a community lot and having 20+ Sims there, with owner and employees, then changing a
Sims clothing (which brings up the clothing dialogue which always caused a crash when on a
community lot before) and no crash.

Actually my game runs better. I've left it paused overnight and played again for several
hours - I could not do this before.

I don't know which helped me, CFF Explorer or DEP, but I am happy, my game runs really well!!

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

ย้อมผม

ผมสั้นไม่เกินบ่า > 3 กล่องขึ้นไป